Craving that sweet and warm taste of apple pie? And the smell of cinnamon and raisins?
This Raw Apple Strudel has it all and you can have it on your table in only 10 minutes!
When someone mentiones raw desserts I think of two things only:
1) cashew-based luscious raw cakes, and
2) bars or bliss balls.
I simply didn’t develop my cooking in direction of making more of raw desserts, but after being on a gluten-free and sugar-free vegan diet for two months I started missing little sweet treats so raw desserts came first to my mind as the healthiest option.
When I saw my friend Marina sharing a recipe for these on her instagram account I instantly wanted to make them – a delicious dessert packed with apples that takes just 10 minutes simply blew me away. And I hope I don’t have to mention all the health benefits of eating a raw dessert that is packed with fresh and dried fruits, seeds and nuts – just amazing!
This raw Apple Strudel is made in 3 simple steps: (1) preparing the crust, (2) preparing the filling and (3) assembling those two. Easy-peasy and this deliciousness is on its way! Enjoy them and let me know if you make this recipe by tagging me or sending me a photo on Instagram
RAW APPLE STRUDEL (vegan, gluten-free, raw)
Prep time: 10 minutes
recipe by Marina B. *
for the crust
1/4 cup ground walnuts
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup dates (choose the meaty, juicy ones)
1 Tbsp flax seeds
1 heaping tsp coconut oil (solid)
1-2 Tbsp plantbased milk of choice
for the filling
1 medium apple, cleaned and chopped
5 dried appricots
1 Tbsp date syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp chia seeds (original recipe calls for flax seeds)
pinch of salt (not in the original recipe)
1/4 cup raisins
1. To make the crust, add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until it sticks together. Form a ball and put aside while you make the filling.
2. To make the filling, add all ingredients for the apple filling, except raisins, to a food processor and blend shortly until you get a juicy texture.
3. Roll the crust between two parchment papers to a rectangular shape, spread the filling over it and sprinkle with raisins. Roll it slowly into a log.
4. Store the raw apple strudel in the refrigerator.
5. When ready to serve, cut into small parcels using a sharp knife.
*original recipe calls for double measures, which you can also make and enjoy this dessert for days
Leave a Reply